a Possibilist by nature
DR will most strongly express the following behaviors:
- Proactivity, assertiveness, and sense of urgency in driving to reach goals set. Openly challenges the world around him. Sees himself as a Possibilist.
- Independent in putting forth his own ideas, which are often innovative and, if implemented, cause change. Resourcefully works through or around anything blocking completion of what the goals he wants to accomplish; aggressive when challenged.
- Impatient for results, he puts pressure on himself and others for rapid implementation and is far less productive when doing routine work.
- Works at a faster-than-average pace, producing results in general accordance with schedules and ‘the book.’
- Detail-oriented; he typically makes and follows a plan to keep track of things and always follows up to ensure completion.
- Focused on operational efficiencies: thinks about what needs to be done and how it can be done quickly without losing quality.
DR is an intense, driving, results-oriented self-starter whose sense of urgency is tempered and disciplined by his concern for the accuracy and quality of his work. He holds himself and those he works with to exacting, ever-increasing, goals. He can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
He’s purposeful, driven to get things done quickly, accurately, and involving the necessary people. He responds positively and actively to challenge and pressure and has confidence in his ability to handle problems and people. DR is an outgoing, poised person, direct and a little more authoritative than persuasive in style while being firm, direct, and self-assured when dealing with others. He speaks briskly, with confidence and conviction, particularly about matters in which he has experience.
His work pace is distinctly faster-than-average. He is able to learn quickly, thoroughly, and in detail, and will recognize and adjust to change once well-informed of the need for it. While he is impatient with the repetitive handling of routine details, DR is a self-disciplined person who can do a good deal of that kind of work as long as it is only an intermittent aspect of his job. He prefers to delegate routine detail work if possible, and if he does so, will follow up closely and critically to assure that the work is done in a correct and timely manner.
In making decisions, he puts pressure on himself to gather the necessary information quickly, and take action without delay. This approach is tempered by his need to ensure he’s thinking first about the decision’s relevance to the goal, and then the implications of such a decision on the business and the people within it.
Competitive and sure of himself, DR sets high standards of work quality for himself and others and is concerned with both the timely accomplishment of objectives and, to a lesser degree, the specific details of how things get done. Stimulated by variety in his work and responsibilities, DR is less interested in work which is routine, repetitive, or highly structured, but always alert to opportunities for the development of the business which employs him, as well as his own career.
* Developed from a series of tests that were professionally administered, reviewed and then produced in this form.